Hasie Kwassie: More about us
Hasie Kwassie (Grade R) has three Afrikaans classes (Teacher Lynette Kruger, Teacher Sonja Haupt and Teacher Cathy Röhm), as well as one English class (Teacher Mariette Meyer).
Our daily hours are 7:30 to 13:00. Waiting class is only for learners with older siblings in Gr.1-7 in Van Riebeeckpark Primary from 13:10 to 14:00. After care facilities are available from 13:00-17:30. Extra costs applicable. Contact the Aftercare centre in connection with any after care details.
Daily programme according to the Department Curriculum (CAPS) consists out of the following aspects:
- Arrival, reception of learners
- Toilet routine
- Life Skills
- Perceptual Skills
- Creative work and Technology
- Large muscle activities
- Side activities
- Break. Parents provide children with a healthy lunch box
- Playing outside. Free play
- Extra mural activities (Playball, Swimming, Balet, Drama, Rugby, Netball / Hockey, Golf, Tennis and Dance Mouse)
- Learners get the opportunity to take part in the Eisteddfod.
- House shows is presented twice a year.
Our graduation ceremony at the end of the year is a very special occasion. Enrolments for the following year, already take place from the second term. This is followed by a "Meet my teacher" event where the parents and new learner will meet their new teacher and receive important information.
T-shirts that can be worn on Mondays to Thursdays are for sale at R90 per T-shirt, as well as Dry Macs at R200 each.
Parents are encouraged to become members of the parent committee to assist teachers with the organising of functions during the course of the year.
Our learners are taught in totality to respect everyone, to choose right and to live throughout love.
In order to ease the application process, please bring the following documentation along:
- Child's birth certificate
- Inoculation certificate
- Copies of parents' ID documents
- Proof of residence
- If you are not the child's biological parent, documentation confirming your legal relationship with the child
Contact the financial office in case of any financial queries: Isabel Broodryk (011 976 2633)