Hasie Kwassie (Grade R) has three Afrikaans classes (Teacher Lynette Kruger, Teacher Sonja Haupt and
Teacher Cathy Röhm), as well as one English class (Teacher Mariette Meyer).
Our daily hours are 7:30 to 13:00. Waiting class is only for learners with older siblings in Gr.1-7 in Van
Riebeeckpark Primary from 13:10 to 14:00. After care facilities are available from 13:00-17:30. Extra
costs applicable. Contact the Aftercare centre in connection with any after care details.
Daily programme according to the Department Curriculum (CAPS) consists out of the following aspects:
- Arrival, reception of learners
- Toilet routine
- Life Skills
- Perceptual Skills
- Creative work and Technology
- Large muscle activities
- Side activities
- Break. Parents provide children with a healthy lunch box
- Playing outside. Free play
- Extra mural activities (Playball, Swimming , Balet , Drama , Rugby, Netball / Hockey , Gymnastics , Tennis and Dance Mouse)
- Learners get the opportunity to take part in the Eisteddfod.
- House shows is presented twice a year.
Parents are encouraged to become members of the parent committee to assist teachers with the organising
of functions during the course of the year.
Our learners are taught in totality to respect everyone, to choose right and to live throughout love.
In order to ease the application process, please bring the following documentation along:
- Child's birth certificate
- Inoculation certificate
- Copies of parents' ID documents
- Proof of residence
- If you are not the child's biological parent, documentation confirming your legal relationship with the child
Contact the financial office in case of any financial queries: Sandra Coetzee (011 976 2633)